INTO THE NIGHT INFO:
Downtown’s Tikkun Leil Shavuot at the 14th Street Y
A nocturnal journey through culture, conversation and ritual brought to you by LABA Fellows, Lab/Shul Storahtellers, artists, musicians, teachers, and local rabbis.
6/3 – 6/4. DUSK TO DAWN. FREE.
Join Amichai, Shira, Naomi and many other Storahtellers as we delve into the secrets of this most ancient, mystical night.
The full session line-up can be found HERE (we appreciate RSVP’s to make sure we order enough libations).
(FYI: Be sure not to miss the specific sessions below are being presented by Lab/Shul community members.)
7:00pm: “MOONRISE: Shavuot Evening Worship Celebration” – Live Music, Liturgy, Poetry and Performance led by Lab/Shul and The New Shul
10:00pm “SECRET SEVEN/part one” – Amichai and Hazon President Nigel Savage co-lead an interactive learning conversation on Shavuot, the Shmita year and the vital role of the systems of sevens towards a more sustainable and sacred life.
TBA “Through the Arch of the Parable” – Alexander Nemser
12:30am “TOP TEN” – Storahtelling Lab/Shul Mavens take on the Ten Commandments in a musical ritual performance that brings the Torah’s law into our modern lives.
2:00am Late-night Lullabies with Naomi Less
5:30am SUNRISE (ON THE ROOF) – Join Amichai and Naomi as we greet the dawn of revelation with body and soul
Additional highlights include:
- THEATRE True Bible Stories: Eleven ten-minute plays inspired by King David. Written by Robert Askins and directed by Benjamin Kamine.
- MUSIC Niggun Sing-Along: Violin virtuoso Alicia Svigals will lead us in traditional and original wordless songs.
- ART Nowhere Now Here: Mirta Kupferminc.
- STUDY Mother Against All Odds: LABA’s Ruby Namdar leads us through a reading of the Book Ruth.
- TEACHING Lectures from Rabbi Shira Koch Epstein , Rabbi Zach Fredman, Rabbi Darren Levine and more.
The 14th Street Y
344 East 14th Street (at 1st Ave)
New York, NY 10003
Generously supported by UJA-Federation of New York.
Programs for all levels of observance.
Photo ID required for entry.