Join Lab/Shul and thousands of New Yorkers for the Women’s March on NYC, which marches in support of equality and civil rights for every human. Read the Women’s March Guiding Vision and Principles HERE.
Saturday, January 21, 2017
12:30pm – Meet at Town and Village Synagogue for coffee and send-off ritual – 334 E 14th St, New York, NY 10003
1:00pm sharp – leave T&V and walk up 2nd Ave to meet with the larger protest at the 42nd St and Park Ave entry point.*
Estimated time of arrival at the protest is 2:00pm-2:30pm
We have arranged with the organizers to join the march at 42nd St and Park Ave, as it continues across town to 5th Ave. and up to 55th St. At the end of the march, those gathered will be asked to move off of 5th Ave. to make room for the tens of thousands of marchers who will continue to come.
*If you have any accessibility issues please contact Ezra at [email protected] / 305.978.5248 to coordinate an alternative route.
WHAT TO DO
1. RSVP REQUIRED so we can have an accurate headcount and share relevant updates. Lab/Shul is registered as a group, so no need to register as an individual.
1. FAQ’s from the march’s organizers
2. Please read and know your rights as a protester.
3. We will bring sign making materials to Sabbath Queen, Friday, January 20th at Invisible Dog Arts Center. Additional signs made by the community will be brought and shared with marchers on Saturday, but we can not guarantee a sign for everyone. If you are making your own, below are some slogan inspirations and you can download/print posters here and here. And please remember – absolutely no wood or metal will be allowed.
We are ready – hineinu
Justice, justice you shall pursue
Wake up, wake up, hitoreri, hitoreri
Nasty Jewish Women
When they go low, we go VOTE
Love not hate makes America great
Our bodies, our minds, our power
4. Below is the map of the protest route (not our route from T&V up 2nd Ave to join the protest)