Five Fab Facts about our First Friday Night Celebration
1. 100 people showed up – ages, genders, races and religions, mixed up for the Sabbath Queen Arrival. Many new faces! Thrilled to welcome all.
2. Her Majesty Showed Up. Not just at the moment when we opened the door to bow to the imaginary queen and one of our latecomers got the best welcome of her life – but at some point during the powerful music, mediation and silence – the energy was present and we all felt it. Sometimes ritual works. Magical music helps a lot.
3. We welcomed two new Lab/Shul team members! Sarah Strnad and Ezra Bookman raised a glass of wine and a fresh challa and we all celebrated their new arrival to our community. You’ll all meet em soon.
4. There was a Torah scroll hidden in the wall of the dance loft. We didn’t know it at the time but the space is used on Shabbat mornings for Orthodox worship – and they keep a Torah in a closet in the wall – behind a curtain. The owner, Zach, an Israeli who now loves us a lot – showed it to us after we were finished. We knew it felt safe to be in that space.
5. We want more! By popular demand – Her Majesty’s Service rocked. Stay tuned for more. Soon.