Want to shape the immediate future of Lab/Shul?
Know someone who would fit either of these two positions: Operations Manger and Program Associate?
Share this post with them and have them send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
JOB DESCRIPTION 1: Program Associate
Salary commensurate with experience
The Program Associate’s chief responsibilites are to support seamlessly delivered Lab/Shul programs – from idea stage to production and execution to follow up. This team member is both outward facing – working with lay volunteers, community members, adults and kids, as well as internally focused on program preparation, execution and follow up. This person is the first stop for anyone who contacts Lab/Shul and thus represents the organizational everybody-friendly value. They will have a wide variety of programmatic responsibilities and therefore should excel in multi-tasking, prioritizing and communicating with team members in a timely and positive manner. Lab/Shul is fast paced and continuing to innovate, so this position is best suited for a team member who thrives with change, innovation and quick turnaround.
As we often work with ancient or sacred texts, within the Jewish calendar year, a Jewish knowledge is an asset. Hebrew language (reading) is also a plus as we create materials that utilize Hebrew.
– supporting professional staff and lay volunteers in their responsibilities
– pre-production (creating materials, purchasing supplies, locating and securing venues, coordinating with venue staff, organizing set up, check in and breakdown, assigning volunteer responsibilities)
– supporting office manager and social media staff in creating event sign-up forms, online promotion, troubleshooting, anticipating needs
– acting as “concierge” – being the first face/voice of the organization who can address community members request, questions and needs, cultivating and connecting with new Lab/Shul participants
– volunteer development and coordination – recruiting and developing a core group of volunteers for programming support, (this includes a deep understanding of the organizational needs and who best fits the volunteer profile for those needs), communicating responsibilities and supporing volunteers through the process
– presence at all Lab/Shul events, worship gatherings, and partners programs – serving often as the production manager
– relationship building with the Board of Directors, lay leaders, support staff, and the community as a whole
– communications backend support (social media, mailchimp)
Required Skills: Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel, Pages (for Mac), GoogleDocs/Spreadsheets
Bonus Skills: Mail Chimp, Salesforce, WebEx/GoToMeeting, WordPress, QuickBooks, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat
JOB DESCRIPTION 2: Operations Manager
Salary commensurate with experience
Direct Supervisors: Founding Director (Amichai Lau-Lavie), Associate
Director (Naomi Less), and some board member accountabilities.
Direct Reports: None at this time
Lab/Shul is in a growth phase from a two-person start up. We are looking for the next core team member who can bring to the organization operational know-how including day to day functions, upgrading systems and financial accountability. As we are an innovative, fast-paced organization that serves a diverse community, the operations manager would thrive in an environment where discovery and experimentation is valued, while bringing security and pragmatism to the work. Our team members all have the capability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. Team members exude an outwardly warm and professional temperament, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are very comfortable working with folks of different backgrounds.
The Lab/Shul Operations Manager works closely with the Founding Director (Amichai) and Associate Director (Naomi) in multiple capacities.
The Operations Manager’s chief responsibilities include:
– executing all organizational financial accountabilities including invoicing and processing clientele payments, tracking and processing payment requests (including contracting clientelle, invoicing, processing reimbursements, vendors payments, talent and staff payments), making bank deposits, providing financial information to Lab/Shul’s bookeepers, SmallBiz
– supporting Treasurer and other board members in financial reporting, budgeting and board meeting preparations
– fundraising support: tracking and acknowledging all donations, assisting lay fundraising committees with donor information for fundraising drives (high holy days, phone-athon and annual gala)
– responsible for growing database and maintaining CRM software
– support fundraising/development committee for grant financial and other information
– suggesting/developing/”labbing” new systems for better organizational work-flow/production
– financial reporting on grant reports
– Salesforce (a must), Quickbooks, MS Office Suite, Mac Suite a plus, googledocs
– Exceptional written skills
– Deep attention to detail
– Excellent organizational skills and self-management competencies
– Efficiently performs day-to-day office operations
– Mailchimp, WordPress, WebEx/GoToMeeting
If interested please submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]