Raising the Bar Program Components
(12-18 Months and Beyond)
• Personal Training: Individual and Group Learning opportunities for pre-teens, mobilizing each participant’s sense of inquiry, creativity, and learning style.
• Family Learning: Parents’ Study Salons and Family Programs promoting an all-ages, in-depth exploration of this journey and deepened communal connections.
• Justice Club: Social Action programming through our teen “Justice Club” with partner organizations around NYC promoting communal and civic consciousness.
• Re-imagined Ritual: Private or Lab/Shul Community B Mitzvah ceremony tailored to your family’s approach, customs, and sensibilities.
• Paying It Forward: Carefully Curated post-B Mitzvah actions, activities and social gatherings for Raising The Bar graduates.
What’s Unique About Raising the Bar?
• Child-Centered Teaching that ignites curiosity, develops skills and provides the building blocks for life-long connection to Jewish heritage and universal values – infused with joy, positivity, and personal meaning.
• Artist-Driven Curriculum utilizing Lab/Shul’s signature pedagogy, the Storahtelling Maven Method™, integrating Judaism’s oldest storytelling traditions with contemporary stagecraft and educational theory.
• God-Optional Ideology that opens a conversation, invites questions and respects each child’s journey.
• Everybody-Friendly Approach inviting all family members to the process and celebration – inclusive of all faiths, beliefs, ethnicities, and sexual and gender identities.
• Full Family Engagement celebrating the coming of age and transformation of the child as well as the entire family.
• Digital Education Techniques that employ next-gen technology, fortify student skills, and promote innovation and deepened connections.
• “No Strings Attached” Policy that encourages each family to make the most of this journey by joining the Lab/Shul community for regular worship events and communal rituals. However, membership is not required.
We know that the B Mitzvah process can be wrought with stress about…everything. We’re here to make this journey meaningful and as stress-less as possible! Talk to us about how we can support your family’s needs – spiritually, emotionally, or financially.
Contact: Alexis Fishman, Raising the Bar Coordinator, at [email protected].