Lab/Shul is a dynamic, progressive and growing organization. We seek an experienced creative Jewish Educator who will create, curate and oversee a wide range of children’s programming for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur. Your leadership will provide an organizational framework, shape processes, and contribute to developing relationships with our children and their grown-ups.
Below is the full job description. Please share with your social networks to help us find the best of the best.
All resumes/cover letters should be submitted to [email protected]
In its third successful year, Lab/Shul is a fast growing experimental community that comes together for sacred Jewish gatherings led by Amichai Lau-Lavie. Based in NYC, Lab/Shul creates and celebrates innovative opportunities for contemplation, life cycle rituals, the arts, life-long learning and social justice. Lab/Shul has already been identified as a leading pioneer in the growing field of emerging Jewish communities in North America, redefining the ways we gather and nourish our thirst for meaning, connection, spirituality and community. We are an everybody-friendly, artist-driven, co-created, God-optional, inclusive laboratory for the continued evolution of engagement in Jewish life and community, locally and globally.
Lab/Shul High Holidays offer a full range of dynamic family friendly worship and programming on both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur days. Mornings begin with an interactive musical family worship for children of all ages and their parents. The day continues with Lab/Jr’s tailored programming for four different age groups led by a team of professional educators and artists.
The Role: High Holiday Lab/Jr Director
Lab/Shul is a dynamic, progressive and growing organization. We seek an experienced creative Jewish Educator who will create, curate and oversee a wide range of children’s programming for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur. Your leadership will provide an organizational framework, shape processes, and contribute to developing relationships with our children and their grown-ups. This key role in our community requires special skills as well as an interest in and commitment to our mission and goals. Visit https://labshul.org/hhd/kids to review last year’s programming.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop curriculum for three major age brackets with the guidance and collaboration of Lab/Shul Family Education Director Shira Kline and the Family Education advisory team.
- Hire lead educators for different age groups.
- Hire educator team members to support lead educators.
- Communicate updates regularly with the Lab/Shul Leadership team: Amichai Lau Lavie, Naomi Less, and Shira Kline.
- Proactively engage and communicate with Lab/Shul parents.
- Oversee the facilitation of the programming on Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur mornings.
- Manage and supervise the load in/load out of the Lab/Jr. Programming supplies at venue.
- Coordinate purchase of all Lab/Jr. Supplies.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Reports To: Shira Kline, Director of Family Education
Compensation: Lab/Shul offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience
Lab/Shul is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring .